At the Booker T. Washington Community Service Center, you’ll find opportunities that make a difference – as well as excellent employment benefits and opportunities for professional growth. Like the community we serve, our staff is composed of people from all backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and welcome all who are interested in becoming learning more about careers at Booker T. Washington Community Service Center.
Benefits of Employment at BTWCSC.
• Bringing people together – To explore and connect
• Collaboration – The strength of our community is engaging all of its members, organizations and businesses to provide educational and training opportunities.
• Community Engagement – We provide services and opportunity to the local community in partnership with the city/county and private sector.
• Professional development opportunities – We provide training and career advancement pathing.
Competitive benefits include:
• Long-term disability
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary/supplemental benefits
• Clipper Direct
• Employee assistance program
• Generous paid time off
• Discounts on all Booker T. programs for employees and family members; including preschool, afterschool program and camp
• Staff wellness initiatives for employees who work a regular schedule of 30 or more hours per week.
Our job openings include positions suitable for many experience levels – entry level to senior leadership – and work opportunities in a wide variety of fields, including administrative, business, education, arts, athletics and more.
Position Title: Youth Program Manager
Salary Position: Salary based on experience, transportation assistance for those outside of San Francisco and competitive benefits package
Under direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the purpose of this job is to perform duties related to the operation of the BTWCSC youth programs. This includes facilitating, development, organization, marketing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the programs and other tasks necessary to operate youth the programs of the BTWCSC effective and efficiently. Accountable for creating a nurturing, empowering and inspiring environment for all youth. Responsible facilitating comprehensive age-appropriate activities that allow for social, cognitive and physical growth to benefit all youth. Identify appropriate youth development activities: including recreation, education & arts.
Position Title: Youth Program Specialist
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Part time
Hourly Position: $16.50 – $18.00 Transportation assistance for those outside of San Francisco
Under direct supervision of the Youth Program Manager, the Youth Program Specialist must enjoy working with school aged children/teens. They are responsible for ensuring safety of all children in the program, serving after school snack, interacting with children and their families, working independently as well as with a team. Facilitate comprehensive age-appropriate activities that allow for social, cognitive and physical growth to benefit at risk youth. The candidate must have a positive attitude and serve as a role model/mentor to participants in the program. This position is ideal for a college student, someone who is looking to work a few hours in the afternoon and is creative, youth oriented, responsible, and dedicated. This position also, presents the opportunity to work full time during the summer for summer camp.