Senior Enrichment Program
Our Senior Enrichment Program offers a variety of activities and opportunities for senior community members (aged 60 and older) geared toward preventing loneliness and social isolation through mentally stimulating activities, enhancing self-awareness by providing a social and creative outlet. In addition to this rich programming, we provide our seniors with nutritious lunches and snacks.
Daily programming for our senior residents includes but is not limited to the following:
- Weekly guest presentations that provide educational information on topics of interest
- Arts & crafts time; leisure activities, such as card playing and board games; daily exercise sessions, social outings to places, such as malls and theaters; and evening and weekend trips planned to accommodate senior activity needs.
- Computer basics courses
- Additional health and nutritional activities and services, including visits from local doctors and dentists
- Access to fresh food through weekly Farm Stands and a senior-specific Community Gardening program
- Lunch and snacks, planned and prepared to offer nutritional support and to promote positive health benefits, are provided. It is important to note that the lunch meal and the supplementary snacks may be some of the only healthy food items that many of the participants will have access to, and we use this opportunity to also address concepts such as serving sizes, portion control and balanced meal planning.
For more information, contact Mary Ceja
Phone: (415) 928-6569